Saturday 28 November 2015

Villain Design 2/2


I definitely liked the collars and smaller details on the villain designs, but I needed the mouth to be visible for some panels, and I didn't want to risk the character getting too much into pirate outfit territory like the third design here is. The endlges do work very nicl though.


I tried making the design a bit closer to the Superhero's, and a bit more casual but giving them shoulder pads to add a bit more power to it. I feel like this is a little too close to he Heroine's design, and doesn't look too villainous either. I do like the idea of using parts of her design and inverting it for the villain though; this could even add something to their backstories. If their designs were similar in some way, that could imply that they were on the same Superhero team or worked together at some point, which would make the betrayal in the story and the villain taking the role of shadow worse. I don't think I could fit that into the story, but fitting it into the design is still an interesting idea.



I inverted the belt and the shoe triangles to contrast with the hero and made the end of the coat more angular, and almost more showman-esque, since the villain is orchestrating the whole end scene of the comic. I think the closed coat seems a bit more serious, and works better with a dramatic collar, as a lot more piratical elements have disappeared now. I feel like this is a good contrast against the heroine, and definitely looks more villainous.


No comments:

Post a Comment