Saturday 28 November 2015

Villain Design 1/2


I wasn't entirely sure of the gender of my villain at the start, so I decided to just design with the vague ideas I had in my head of the villain and see how my design worked out.






I knew that I wanted sharper edges on my characters, since these would make the character much more villainous and threatening, but I thought it might also be an interesting idea to give the villain a few more casual elements if I could as well. I think that parallels between the Hero and Villain are always an interesting thing to think about, especially with Vogler's idea of the Shadow archetype, which is this villain's archetype, representing repressed emotions or idea.



I liked the idea of a long coat, which works in the design almost as a cape would, but feels more practical and less cheesy. I looked a little bit into the Japanese musical movement of 'Visual Kei' as the fashion is very dramatic and could work for villains. Androgyny is common with this style, which I thought might be good to incorporate into these designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment